There are less than two weeks before we’re finally back for the first time since August, and we hope you’re getting as excited we are!
To kick things off with a bang, we’re starting 2022 with Marvel’s record-breaking blockbuster, SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME. In the film, with his identity now revealed to the world, Peter Parker (Tom Holland) can no longer separate his civilian life from being Spider-Man, forcing him to seek the help of Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) to cast a universe-altering spell – which leads to unintended consequences.
SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME will screen on Monday 14 February at 7:30 pm, with doors opening for entry from 7 pm. As is customary to kick off the year, this will be a FREE screening that will be open to absolutely anyone, including members and future members alike. As such, we do anticipate it to be a busy one and recommend that you get there early to ensure you don’t miss out.
If you would like to avoid the crowds, however, we can let you know now that will be re-screening the film again for members only on Thursday 3 March at 7:30 pm.
The rest of our Autumn 2022 programme will be announced early next week, so stay tuned to see what else we’ve got in store. Or if you can’t wait that long, head over to our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/ANUFG – for some sneak peeks over the next few days!
UPDATED COVID-19 SAFETY RULES
Our COVID-19 safety rules have been updated since last year to be in accordance with the latest advice and directions from ACT Health and the ANU. You can find them in full at www.anufg.org.au/COVID or summarised below:
• The wearing of face masks in currently mandatory in all indoor settings, except when actively eating or drinking. We will continue to supply free masks at the door for anyone who requires one.
• All attendees must check-in using the Check In CBR app by scanning the provided QR code upon arrival. If you are unable to use the app, we can assist you with checking in.
• We are permitted to use the full capacity (305 seats) of our cinema, but continue to recommend social distancing whenever this is possible by leaving 1.5 metres between yourself and the nearest person/group, including while queueing up outside.
• Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or who would otherwise be required to be in isolation should not be attending screenings.
• Pre-registration for screenings via Eventbrite is no longer required.
Once again, for anyone who is uncomfortable with attending screenings or has any issues with the safety rules that will be strictly enforced, we are still offering no-questions-asked pro rata refunds up until February 13. If you’d like a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and membership number, and we’ll get back to you with next steps.