The ANU Film Group has been granted approval by the ANU to resume screenings in 2022, but this is conditional on all members and guests abiding by certain COVID-19 safety rules.
Any failure by the ANU Film Group or any of its members to abide by these rules could result in the ANU immediately cancelling a screening or revoking our permission to hold future screenings. Representatives of the ANU will be conducting audits to ensure compliance at any given time, so we all need to be on our best behaviour!
Any members found to be in breach of the COVID-19 rules or who refuse to follow instructions from representatives of the ANUFG may have their memberships suspended or revoked.
At the time of writing on Monday 17 October, 2022, these rules are as follows:
• Masks no longer need to be worn while on the ANU campus, but the wearing of masks is still strongly encouraged where social distancing isn't possible. We still have a limited supply of free disposable masks available at the door, but recommend that you bring your own if you wish to continue wearing one. For more information on face masks and how to use them, visit ACT Health's information page HERE.
• Where possible, attendees should try to maintain appropriate social distancing by leaving 1.5 metres (or 1-2 seats) between them and the nearest person/party while seated inside the cinema, as well as when queuing up outside. The use of the full capacity (305 seats) of the Kambri cinema is presently permitted, so we acknowledge that social distancing may not always be possible.
• Attendees are strongly encouraged to use hand sanitiser stations around the Cultural Centre building, as well as use provided disinfectant wipes to clean their seat area before/after use.
• Any attendees exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms may be prohibited from entering the venue. If you have recently been in a COVID-19 affected area or are a close contact of a confirmed case, we strongly encourage you to stay home until you are certain you are not symptomatic.
• The use of the ACT Health Check In CBR app is no longer mandatory.
• As required by the ANU, there will be a COVID Safety Officer present at all screenings for the duration of the film to monitor the event and ensure compliance.
Please note that rules may be subject to change at any time as ACT Health and/or ANU restrictions are updated, so please keep an eye out here for any changes should this happen.