You’ve all been very patient over the last few months and, with Kambri having its grand opening earlier this week, we finally have details on the parking options for the new cinema.
First off, as we mentioned a while back, there is an underground parking garage for 400 cars right below the Cultural Centre building where the cinema is located. This is a paid parking facility operated by Care Park and the parking rates for our screening times are currently as follows:
• Weekdays after 5 pm – $6 flat rate
• All day Saturday and Sunday – $5 flat rate
We acknowledge that these rates are higher than the after-hours and weekend rates at most parking facilities around Canberra, and are disappointed at the outcome. Rest assured that we will be lobbying Care Park and the ANU for reduced rates or concessions for our members going forward.
In the meantime, we have put together a map of some alternative parking options near the cinema that will be free at the time of our screenings. You can find this map by CLICKING HERE
While there are a number of surface parking options around the ANU in the vicinity of Kambri, we recommend the following three in particular for their size and proximity to the cinema:
1. Baldessin Parking Station (multi-storey parking and outdoor surface lot): approximately 450 metres/6 minutes walk from cinema
2. School of Music (two outdoor surface parking lots): approximately 400 metres/5 minutes walk from cinema
3. Research School of Chemistry (outdoor surface parking lot): approximately 300 metres/4 minutes walk from cinema
All of these parking spots are free after 5 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends, but we do encourage you to always check signage before parking as conditions may change.
There is also limited street parking along Childers Street, University Avenue, Hutton Street and North Road.
FIRST WEEK OF SCREENINGS
We look forward to welcoming all of you to our new home next week! Come along, say hi, pick up your membership card, a poster or a flyer, and check out one of the many films screening in our bumper first week:
• Mon 18 Feb @ 7:30 PM – SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (Free Screening)
• Tue 19 Feb @ 7:30 PM – WIDOWS
• Wed 20 Feb @ 7:30 PM – THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST (Free Screening)
• Thu 21 Feb @ 7:30 PM – BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
• Fri 22 Feb @ 7:30 PM – BOY ERASED + SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
• Sat 23 Feb @ 7:30 PM – BUMBLEBEE + OVERLORD
We anticipate that our first screening – the free screening of SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE on Monday – will be VERY busy and is highly likely to fill up. So if you’re already a member, you may wish to consider coming along to the members-only encore screening of the film instead on Saturday 2 March (just one week later) to avoid missing out due to the anticipated crowds.
Not yet a member? Join up at any screening from next week or online now by going to www.anufg.org.au/join!